Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Taking some "Me" time

The blog I posted yesterday gave you some ideas of how to Pamper Yourself. So what have you done today to pamper yourself? I have to admit that Wednesday's are my favorites because it's the one day a week that I don't have my daughter (she spends the night at grammy's house).

 So with the house all to myself, I took some of my own advice and watched one of my favorite movie's (A league of their own). I'm eating my snicker's bar.  I'm relaxing. A little much needed 'me' time. I know that we all need to have time to ourselves every once in awhile. Raising a family can be hard work. And it is my opinion that it is definitely a full time job. But even work-aholics get break time. So should we. Don't lose sight of that. 



The dictionary's definition of "pamper" is this: to treat or gratify with extreme or excessive indulgence, kindness, or care. We have to remember to take care of ourselves. Don't feel bad or feel like you are being a selfish parent. It is a basic human need. And think about it this way, if you do pamper yourself it will be a stress reliever. And we all know that the less we are stressed as parents, the better for our kids, and our families. A happy mom, is a happy family. ;)


-Sicily

No comments:

Post a Comment