Thursday, September 22, 2011

Curbing the dreaded "MINE!" phase for toddlers


Hello there Bloggyland!

Today is gunna be awesome! No work. No previous engagements, No appointments, No worries! I literally don't have anything planned for the day except to take my daughter to park after nap time. It's days like this that make everything else possible! Speaking of... just thought I'd let you know, I have a lot planned for the next few weeks. A few reviews, more giveaways, plus more fun stuff. OOooo I almost forgot. I submitted an essay to The Parent Du Jour, which is an online book of parent from ALL around the world. And... (insert drum roll here)... I am proud to say that in a few weeks time, my essay will be published on their website!! So excited, and honored to be a part of their project. As soon as my essay is published, I will post a link for you guys to go check out. :)

The last couple of weeks I have been teaching my daughter about money, and paying for things. Granted, she only has a piggy bank. But I'm one of those people that absolutely hates change. Especially when you get a collection going in your pocket and people can hear coming from a long way off and small children scream "I hear jingle bells! I hear Santa coming!". Haha. Anyway, so if I ever get change, no matter the amount, it automatically goes into her piggy bank (which means that she has more in there, than I have in my wallet, Lol). Now she knows that she can't just take things, and that she has to pay for them with her piggy. A totally awesome side-effect, that I wasn't really going for but is awesome nontheless, is that she has stopped claiming everything to be "Mine!" That drove me nuts. I think every toddler goes through that phase. Glad I finally figured out a magic cure for it. And also started teaching my daughter about the value of money early! One small step for toddlers, One giant leap for Super Moms everywhere! Love it. :)

Well, I hope you are all having a fantastic (and not so busy) day!
Until next time!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment