Sunday, September 11, 2011

9/11: 10 Year Anniversary: We Remember

Today is September 11, 2011.

It has been 10 years since the attacks against the United States, and the American people.



 I was in my Junior High english class when it happened. I was just a kid when it happened, so I didn't know what was going on, or what it would mean for our country. I was just scared, and sad for those people who were dying. But every year since, on September 11th, as we take time to look back on those who suffered, those who died, and the families, I knew I would never forget that day as long as I live. It's one of those days that everyone asks: Where were you on 9/11? But I believe our country became stronger. We pulled together. As Americans, we became closer, more like one large family.



 I am so thankful for those men, and women in the Police Departments, and Fire Departments, and even civilians who sacrificed themselves for others. I am thankful for the Armed Forces of America who fight to protect us. They give their lives for us.



 Please join me in sending out a prayer for all the families who have been affected by the war, or by 9/11. 

No comments:

Post a Comment