Sunday, September 25, 2011

"Must Love Shoes" Review!!!



Yesterday I received an amazing book. "Must Love Shoes" by Julie Gaver. 
It's a collection of stories about life in a woman's shoes. But I couldn't start reading it right away, I had to wait until I put my daughter down for the night. As soon as she was asleep though, I sat down to read it. And only a few pages in I was already laughing my butt off! Julie talks about her life experiences in a way that makes us feel like we are one of her girlfriend's who she hasn't seen in awhile, sitting on the couch sharing stories,  drinking coffee, and eating muffins. I laughed so hard, I nearly choked and thought I would wake up my daughter when she talked about her clothing misshap at staples. She makes fun of herself a lot in the book, which gives the rest of us the confidence to do the same. My absolute favorite part of the book is when she talks about crossing the finish line in the Avon Walk for Breast Cancer in Washington, DC. It is such a heartfelt moment, I could feel the emotions she felt and I almost started crying. 


At the end of the book, I felt as if she were that old friend sitting on the couch, and giving me a big bear hug. Telling me "You've got brains, heart, and courage. Embrace them. Celebrate the woman you are!"


"Must Love Shoes" was an amazing book, and a book I will reccommend to all women, now and in the future. And when my daughter is older, I will pass it on to her. It's a book that will last through time, because of Julie's comedic antics, stories that we can relate to as women, and it's heartfelt message. I absolutely LOVED "Must Love Shoes", and can't wait to see more of Julie's work!!


You can get a copy of "Must Love Shoes", read Julie's blog and contact her at www.mustloveshoesthebook.com





disclaimer: The only thing I recieved in compensation for this review was a free copy of "Must Love Shoes". My review has not been influenced in any way, and my opinions are my own.


post signature


No comments:

Post a Comment